“People who work hard and people who work smart have different measures of success.” ~Jacob Morgan
How do you measure success? Do long days filled with lots of tasks make your business thrive? Or would shorter days that were more productive, streamlined and automated make your bottom line soar? Here at Singular Payments, we prioritize creating seamless, integrated and easy-to-use payment processing solutions that help our merchants do just that – work smarter, not harder at sending invoices and collecting payments. Through our new Singular BillPAY platform we’ve streamlined and automated the most timely and costly aspects that merchant billers face today. Request your free flat rate Singular BillPAY quote and do a demo today. And then implement these slick task management tricks to apply the same level of automation and productivity to the rest of your operations and watch your business grow.
- Cut out the clutter. Clutter breeds anxiety so stay organized, prioritize your day through a current to-do list or software tracker and keep a clean workspace. And, take advantage of the automatic billing and collections tracking features of Singular BillPAY – it’s sure to speed up your day-to-day tasks to ensure your business is getting paid.
- Science shows that taking more breaks, not less, helps clear out your brain so when you do focus you can hyper focus and do more in 15-minutes than in 45-minutes if you are tired. The analogy is an easy one to remember but harder to put into practice. Here's what Steven Covey says about sharpening the saw in your life: “Sharpen the Saw means preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have--you. It means having a balanced program for self-renewal in the four areas of your life: physical, social/emotional, mental, and spiritual.” On average, your brain can remain focused for only 90-minutes, and then you need at least 15-minutes of rest. By taking breaks roughly every 90-minutes, you allow your mind and body to renew--and be ready to fire off another 90-minute period of high activity. For some people, 15-to-20 minute breaks might be tough to pull off, but taking short breaks throughout the day can still help you to refresh your mind andreset your attention span.
- Get your email out of the way first. Go through your inbox, flag items with different colors to revisit later in the day, respond to anything timely or urgent, and log things from email on your written to-do list. Then get out of your inbox and move onto the real work at hand!
- Write everything down. Writing reinforces learning and will also alleviate the stress in the back of your mind of forgetting an important task or deadline. Write it down once and check it off when it’s completed.
- Embrace the digital world and utilize automation as much as possible. In the Singular BillPAY platform you can set up email invoice reminders to push out automatically, so do it and then focus on other important aspects of running your operations.
- Do your most difficult tasks first. Getting the toughest thing on your plate out of the way first paves the way for everything else you do today to feel like a breeze!
- Know the difference between urgent and vital. Prioritizing is key and remember, not everything that screams is urgent – it’s just loud and distracting. Learn what to block out so you can focus on the truly vital tasks at hand.
Take back your most valuable asset – your time – with Singular BillPAY. And get paid. For real.